Saturday, August 29, 2009

Packing and preparations

So, I'm working on packing.  I have one "checked" bag full of clothes, the other filling with clothes and shoes and other essentials (such as contact solution (until I can find it there), deodorant, blankets, sheets, etc...) that I'll need.

Unfortunately, I completely misread the Northwest Airlines Checked Baggage guide and thought I was allowed two 70 lb bags for free.  When, in fact, I only get one free bag, and it can only weigh up to 50lbs.     That is really frustrating, because I'm going for SIX months.  It's a $150 fee for an overweight bag and a $50 fee for a second bag.  GROSS.  Oh well, I'll have to look into the price of shipping things back to the US when I'm all done over there...

I am, however, allowed a carry-on bag as well as a laptop bag/purse/whatever.  So that'll be nice.

Anyways.  I have to buy more things tomorrow and visit Grandparents and say goodbye to people, so I should probably head to bed.

G'night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment