Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More radio silence!!

I'm sooo sorry for the "radio silence" that you've had to put up with lately, I'm just getting over a cold (nothing bad, just a case of sniffles that didn't feel like going away) and have been mostly in bed knitting lately...

But, I still have to tell you about my time in Munich!
(here's where I'm REALLY THANKFUL that I have my camera with me now, because if I didn't I would have trouble describing things to you... that's what happens when I don't write things down right away, I get distracted and forget things...)

SO, pictures!

Our journey began at 05:30.


Sorry it's so blurry, but do you see that glowing orange thing?

That's the moon.

We were going to catch the 06:30 train from Pforzheim to Stuttgart to Ulm to Ausburg to München... Yes, we were going to take the inexpensive, but slightly longer, way of getting there using only Regional trains.  Made sense at the time since the Express trains took about 3 hours and the Regional ones only took a little over 4.  So we figured we'd get there around eleven-thirty or twelve and go to Oktoberfest and walk around the city a bit and then go home around 8 or so...


Eunsol, Younghoe, Bank, and Decky at the bus stop at 05:30 ... we waited for 15 minutes before realizing that it was a national holiday and that the buses weren't going to be running "as scheduled" today...


Ok, so, looking at this picture I suddenly remembered that the ride there involved a stop between Pforzheim and Stuttgart... but I can't remember the name!  (See? This is why I take pictures!)



Good Morning, Stuttgart!  (This was about 07:30)


Sorry about the quality, moving train and whatnot...  This was a huge cross on a mountain, I thought it was worthy of picture-taking.  =)


Finally, around 12:30, we made it to Oktoberfest!  (locally known as Weisn)
It was very cool, but very crowded...


And they had all sorts of rides everywhere! It reminded me of a carnival mixed with Taste of Chicago... Lots of food and drinks that were pretty highly priced...

Even though we didn't have a reservation in a tent, we were able to get seats in one of the Biergartens.  That was really lucky, because we got to get FOOD!  =)

And Bier.  =)


Even though it was really crowded, we still had a really good time =)

After we finished our food (which was delicious) we decided that we had had enough of Oktoberfest, and decided to wander Munich itself.



Unfortunately, it was around this time that my camera battery decided to become "exhausted" and so the rest of the pictures I took were with Bank's camera.  I'll try to get them from him soon and share them with you.  =)





Overall, it was a really great way to spend my 24th birthday (geburtstag) - Great people, a beautiful city, a beautiful day, and really good Bier.  =)

On the way home, there were some "technical" difficulties, with the trains being overcrowded and us having to come up with new and interesting routes from one station to the next, but after eight hours, we made it home... =) (It was around 01:30 at that point)  And minus the sore feet/legs from walking and standing so much, everyone was still in a really good mood =)

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I so glad things are going well. Keep up the studies!

    ReplyDelete