Friday, October 23, 2009

Once Upon A Time...

Once Upon A Time there was "eine AmerikanErin."  =)  This has amused me since the first day of class when we learned the feminine and masculine endings of nationalities. "Ein Amerikaner" vs. "Eine Amerikanerin." =)  "Amerikanerin" is the feminine form of "American."  It helped the class to remember the feminine forms.  AmerikanErin.  =)

It amuses me to no end, especially since there are some people who continue to call me "AmerikanErin." =)

Today is rather dull... I woke up for my 8am class, got there and after two coffees I was able to stay awake... One thing I really miss about the states:  Starbucks.  Or any coffee shop that serves 20oz. coffees. =D  The only size they have here is about 8oz.    And the closest Astronomical Dollars is in Stuttgart, which is at least a 1/2 hour away by train...

So, class went from 8am to 9:30 and then again from 9:45 to 11:15.  After class, I went back to my room and cleaned up a bit.  Then, since it was rainy and icky outside, I decided to settle in for the day with some knitting and a copious amount of tea.  After an hour or so more, I think I'll start on some research for my seminar classes.


Some of the first waves of homesickness hit me the other day.  But after talking to people on GChat, things have begun to lighten up.  I'm making plans for more trips!  Going to Porto, Portugal in November; Amsterdam in January; and Poland and Rome in February.  I still have to get over to Paris, Dublin, and London.  =)

Here's a random "picture of the day" for you:

This was taken last week for the Diwali festival that I attended at Hotel Ruf.

No comments:

Post a Comment