Monday, November 30, 2009

Auschwitz and Birkenau

Went to Auschwitz and Birkenau today. It was a very disturbing place. Shows just what people can do to each other, but hopefully we've learned from this.





And when I got back, I had this in my email:


...which was strange, but fitting.  Ironic timing, I think.

Anyways, I hope that your days are filled with love.  Besides my somber trip to Auschwitz and Birkenau, my time in Poland has been pretty amazing.  =)  Also, received an exciting email about prospects for when I return home, which is kind of awesome.  Here's to not counting chickens before they're hatched, though...

When I return to Pforzheim I'll have three presentations and two papers due.  Then on the 17th I travel to Ireland to visit Dad's cousins for the Christmas holidays.  Making plans to tentatively be in Dublin for New Years (I'm thinking a visit to the Guinness Storehouse is in order) and back in Pforzheim on the 7th.  Then a month without travel, finals, and then back to Poland and ROME and possibly Venice, and France, and maybe Barcelona...

Wish me luck!

~Deine AmerikanErin

No comments:

Post a Comment