Sunday, November 29, 2009

I really am a nerd in my free time...

I'm currently visiting Kit in Poland (or Pol-la-land, as I've called it for years) and when we're not out sight-seeing or shopping, we're in her room doing homework or playing on our computers. =)

Need more proof? I set up a wireless connection so that we can both be on the internet at the same time.

Still need more proof that I'm a nerd?
This mug amuses me to no end:
CAD - Starbuck's mug @ SplitReason.com
CAD - Starbuck's mug design @ © SplitReason.com

Starbuck is a character in the SciFi show, Battlestar Gallactica and Cylons are basically robots that have gone haywire; so a "Starbuck's Fresh Roasted Cylon" mug is absolutely HILARIOUS to me...

Also, while shopping today, I tried on a sweater-dress (basically a knit dress with a big cowl neckline and no sleeves) and thought "Hm, I think I could make something like this..." and then didn't buy said dress and instead started looking up patterns online when I got home.

While in Europe, do as the Europeans do?  Maybe, but I've definitely noticed that when it comes to traveling, I'm doing just that.  Kit had told me to bring some "nice" clothing as we would probably be going out a few times while I was here, so I brought nice clothes, regular clothes, and three pairs of shoes.  Yes,  I BROUGHT SHOES.  I'm mildly frightened at the implications of this...have I started to go native? Or am I simply realizing that no, gym shoes cannot be worn everywhere? I'm still not sure, but considering that I thought about buying a sweater dress and leggings, I think I might be under some European influences here...

...

Anyways, back to traveling and interesting things:
On Friday I went to the Salt Mines of Wieliczka.  It was SO cool. However, it is 2am and I really need to get to bed, so I'll leave you with pictures and I'll get back to the story telling later.  =D



Much love,
Die AmerikanErin ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I loved the slideshow of the salt mines. You are seeing some really wonderful places on your trip. I am so glad you have your camera and are willing to share your pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete