Saturday, September 5, 2009

Karlsruhe!

Bank and I decided to go to Karlsruhe today.  We thought that as students we would be able to take the S-Bahn for free, but since we don't have ID cards yet we had to pay for our tickets.  7.25 Euro for a round trip to Karlsruhe. Not too bad.  Took the train from Pforzheim just after 12:15 and got there just after 1300, walked around, and when we couldn't find the Tourist Information center, I convinced Bank to just "wing it."  =D  We walked around and found a beer festival going!  Got some food and some delicious beer.  We passed a booth at the fest that had free engraving on the items there, so I bought a beer glass and had it engraved with
01.09.2009
bis
01.03.2010
Tchuss!
"Tchuss!" means "Bye!"  I thought it fitting to put the first word that I learned in Germany on my beer glass. =)
Bank took a load of pictures, I'll see if I can grab a few from him and put them up here.  =)
Anyways.  We walked around Karlsruhe for about 2.5 hours and then caught the S-Bahn back.  As we got on, I wasn't sure if the train would make it all the way to Pforzheim... I was right.  We had to get off at Sollengren... Fortunately, there was another S-Bahn coming from Sollengren to Pforzheim about five minutes later, so we didn't have to stay there long.
Bank just cooked dinner, which was delicious, so I'm going to knit for a little bit and then go to bed.  =)
Love and hugs,
~e

No comments:

Post a Comment