Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A more conclusive update:

I've figured out which classes I'm going to take!  Check out the calendar at the bottom of this page.  =)

Random Picture:

This is what I see every day on my walk home from school:
A 5' statue of Lady Liberty
a German flag
and an American flag.
This never fails to amuse me.

Real classes start tomorrow.  =)  I'm really excited.  I'm not positive that my schedule will be how it is below, since I don't have to actually register for classes until the 16th of October (it's a very different system than the one in the States...).  Also, I think that the "Information Technology 2" one needs a pre-requisite course which is only offered in German, so I'm fairly certain that I won't be taking that one, but I'm still going to email the professor and go to the first session and see if it's necessary or not.

The way that the university has their registration set up is you make your own schedule based off of the classes that they offer.  However, unlike IIT, where you know the classes at least a month or two before the semester actually starts, in Germany they don't give you the course schedule ("timetables") until about a week or two before classes start.  And for the International students (like me) they don't even give you information that far ahead in advance.  So, after two information sessions, I get to pick my own classes, make up a schedule and then go to class.  I can "try out" as many classes as I like, and then choose a few to actually go to and register those with the International Office.  Also, if I want to, I can just audit a course or two...I can simply go to the class and then not sign up for the final exam.  (That's another thing they do differently here, you have to sign up for your final exams, they're not automatically included in the course itself.)

The only "problem" I can forsee is that my German 2 course is on Tuesday mornings at 8am and has another 8am class on Fridays...  And that's not really a "problem," just a small inconvenience...


Ok. Bedtime for me now...

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment